Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wedding dress shopping !

Yesterday Aisha and I went wedding dress shopping. We went to Bride on Pulteney which didn't have a huge range of dresses, and they only stocked the one designer. I tried on about 10 dresses and one of them was really nice. The service there wasn't fantastic so I doubt I will buy my dress from there. We then headed to Rapsimo on King William Road to have a look just for fun. I could never buy anything from there cos their dresses are really expensive. I tried on one dress which was gorgeous but it looked similiar to Aisha's wedding dress plus it was a big dress, and I'm still leaning towards a simpler a line dress.

I have an appointment with Jenny and Gerrys bridal next week. We stopped there on the way home to have a quick look and it was chaotic in there. Brides everywhere, who were quite pushy too, was a bit Bridezilla like. I missed out on the sale it ended yesterday which was very annoying. I might end up getting my dress made but I'm trying on dresses first to see what suits my figure. I haven't found the one yet though, I liked some dresses but none of them were "the one". Dress shopping isn't as fun when you are fat!! Most of the dresses on the rack could not be zipped up, the salesperson had to hold the back together so I could get an idea of how the dress would look.

We also had a brief look for bridesmaid dresses on friday night. There was one dress that Aisha liked for her wedding that didn't suit my figure. We went there to see if it was still available, it would have looked stunning on Mel and Aisha but it was no longer being made. At this stage I have no idea what my colour scheme will be until the bridesmaid dresses have been sorted.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever dress you choose, I know you're going to look stunning baby! xox

    ReplyDelete